Indian history is a reservoir of brave tales of battles, ancient epics, skilled craftsmanship, diverse cultural heritage, and whatnot. Bone inlay technique is one significant part of its in-depth richness which is taking the new-age furniture world by storm.
With an exquisite blend of contemporary and traditional style, bone inlay furniture units are becoming an ideal choice for those who wish to experience modernity in designs but relish the fragrance of rich Indian culture and expert craftsmanship.
Besides keeping your beverages & glassware in designated compartments and shelves, a bar cabinet beautifully crafted with bone inlay technique also serves as a statement decor piece, elevating the ambience.
Here are some popular designs for bone inlay bar cabinets which will surely put you on a shopping spree:
Geometric Patterns: Featuring contrasting colours and eye-catching geometric designs, such patterns like lattice, herringbone, and chevron look great in modern as well as traditional style interiors.
Floral and Botanical Motifs: Exuding the warmth of nature, the delicate floral designs provide a sense of elegance to the interiors. In such motifs, you can witness sophisticated flower petals and leaves which never fail to add a romantic vibe to the drab ambience.
Arabic Patterns: Inspired by Middle Eastern architectural designs, these patterns consist of intricate geometric shapes and arabesque designs. They bring to interiors a distinguished sense of exotic allure.
Indian Heritage Influences: From mehendi patterns to mandalas and paisleys, a bone inlay cabinet with Indian traditional designs showcase the rich cultural heritage and diversity in artistic forms.
Abstract Designs: Lending a modern twist to contemporary interiors, the abstract shapes, freeform patterns, and asymmetrical designs create a unique and artistic look. The bone inlay cabinet crafted in such abstract forms look absolutely distinctive and set the interiors apart.
Monochromatic: Use of single colour gives a classic identity to the bar cabinet which can easily be teamed up with other existing furniture units. The patterns and designs need to be carefully picked to blend in with the decor theme, but that attention to detail isn’t required when choosing a monochromatic piece.
A Striking Blend of Colors: The captivating amalgamation of colours, such as pink & white, black & white, navy and gold gives the bar cabinets an aesthetically pleasing appearance. This approach highlights the intricate designs and expert craftsmanship practised while creating bar cabinets with contrasting shades.
Moroccan-Inspired Motifs: From tile-like patterns to filigree work, and arches, bohemian designs add a vibrant touch of the Mediterranean to your space. Even the blue and white combination of colours used in such patterns gives a soulful visual appeal to the interiors.
Customised Designs: Give a personalised touch to your bar cabinet by getting them customised by skilled artisans. As we’ve already mentioned a wide range of patterns and designs, choose the one that you resonate with or matches with the ambience of your space. Buy a truly unique piece that reflects your personal style and preferences.
How to Incorporate Bone Inlay Bar Cabinets in Different Interior Decor Styles?
With an artistic flair and a bucketful of sophistication, a bone inlay cabinet has the power to look exceptional in any style of decor setup.
Contemporary Style of Interiors
If you have a decor style with a touch of modernity, then you can go for geometric patterns and monochromatic forms as they will look refreshing and add newness to the ambience.
Bohemian Decor Style
Bohemian is all about colours and unique graphics, thus you can choose a bone inlay cabinet inspired by floral patterns in contrasting, vivid hues. It will give a free-spirited vibe to the interiors.
To match the ‘less is more’ approach, you can opt for geometric as well as floral patterns but in monochromatic shade. The striking colours will not match with this decor style and thus you must avoid looking for pieces which are colourful. Instead, use sober and subtle shades that promote serenity and calmness like white, ivory, beige, etc.
If your interiors spew the fragrance of culture and ethnicity, then glorify it with the mandala, paisley, and floral patterned bone inlay bar cabinet. From reds to golds, use colours that can immediately catch attention and infuse traditionalism into the ambience.
Mixed Global Style
Are you someone who likes collecting decorative pieces from different countries or cultures? If you have a global themed decor, then make sure you choose a distinctive pattern in the bar cabinet representing Moroccan, Indian, or Arabic design forms.
No matter what the decor style, a bone inlay bar cabinet can add a unique and eye-catching element to any type of interior.
Maintenance Tips: How to Care for Bone Inlay Cabinets?
To let these beauties exude their charm and elegance to your space for many more years to come, take good care of bone inlay furniture pieces. Here are some maintenance tips which you must follow after you buy a bone inlay bar cabinet for your abode:
- Dust accumulated on the surface of bone inlay furniture can affect its striking colours and dull its lustrous appearance. Thus, make sure you regularly clean it using a soft, lint-free cloth or duster.
- Use soft bristles cleaning brush to get rid of the dust which settles into the intricate patterns carved on the furniture.
- Direct exposure to sunlight may cause colors to fade over time. To avoid discoloration, make sure you place bone inlay bar cabinets away from windows or you can use good-quality blinds or curtains to prevent the direct heat coming from the windows.
- Bone inlay furniture is sensitive to humidity levels. The change in humidity can cause the wood to expand or contract. Thus, maintain a stable indoor humidity level to prevent warping or cracking.
- In case of spills, make sure you clean them immediately with a slightly damp cloth. Don’t use a wet cloth as it affects the wood.
- Never rub or scrub the surface to get rid of the spill as it may damage the delicate inlay.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals and cleaning solutions as they harm the wood finish and inlay polish. Use a mild cleaner and dilute it with little water to clean stubborn spills and moisture rings. The moment you use the mild cleaning solution, always wipe it gently with a dry cloth as moisture penetrates the furniture, affecting its quality.
- Whenever you feel like polishing the bone inlay bar cabinet, always use a specialised furniture polish after consulting a professional. A natural polish like beeswax works wonders in restoring the shine and lustre of the unit.
- When moving homes, get the piece wrapped properly to avoid any damage or scratches while shifting. Even if you need to move it, avoid dragging it too much as it may affect the leg joints.
- In order to maintain the bar cabinet’s beauty intact, make sure you occasionally inspect it to identify any signs of wear, damage, loose inlay. If you spot any problem, immediately seek professional support to get the repair done at the earliest.
Buy a piece that reminds you of Indian culture with modern interpretations. Let your bone inlay bar cabinet remain a cherished and exquisite part of your home decor for several years.