Moving can become a harried affair if not properly planned, and cleaning is often the last priority on tenants’ minds. While end of lease cleaning may seem daunting, it need not be. Following some basic tips will ensure that future movers leave behind perfectly pristine homes – thus ensuring they receive full bond money.
Areas of Focus
During end of lease cleaning there are certain areas that need to be cleaned. These areas are often neglected as a result they could become problematic especially if one has got an overcritical landlord or agent who may find flaws thereby holding back the bond money. These areas include:
- Windows, walls and doors need to be cleaned properly as they the first locations for any inspection. Spaces in the house which are carpeted often contain most dust, stains and discolourations.
- The bathroom area is often one of the dirtiest areas is a house and thus more care is needed.
- Cleaning of the backyard or garden is crucially important.
- Kitchen area and kitchen corners are also the most important parts that need cleaning
- Bedroom and Living rooms
To avoid jeopardizing your bond money, ensure that all areas of the property are thoroughly cleaned when ending a lease. The services from a professional bond cleaning business can guarantee meeting even the most exacting standards required by landlords and agents.
Secrets Tips for End of the Lease Cleaning
Cleaning is often a laborious and time-consuming process which usually take a couple of hours to finish.
Here are some top secrets tips to do your end of lease cleaning efficiently and effectively so you have more time to focus on other important aspects of leaving your home.
- It is important for moving tenants to compile a to-do-list and duly proceed according to it. This list will enable one to identify the problematic areas in the room that may require additional repair or special attention which in turn may help to avoid last-minute dash that is often associated with the end of the lease cleaning. The utilizing of a to-do-list is a necessary component of ensuring that moving tenants will be able to get their bond money back 100% as most house flaws will be rectified.
- Addressing the repair aspect of the house first is a critical component because it will, in the long run, reduce chances cleaning the rooms again. This is because repair usually leaves a mess in a house and if one undertakes cleaning activities before repairing conducting necessary repairs then he or she will more likely go back and clean the mess which will quite laborious. This is most common mistake that moving tenants often make in their end of lease cleaning resulting to people wasting several hours in undertaking a small task.
- Vacuuming of rugs and carpets is one of the most essential features of the end of lease cleaning because these materials often contain most dirt because they usually gather in between the fabric of these materials. It is thus important to vacuum properly the carpeted areas in the house as well as using oil and paint removing solutions to clean heavy stained surfaces and appropriately collect dry debris and dirt. Proper cleaning of such surfaces will ensure a tenant does not lose his or her security deposit.
- Cleaning of the kitchen area is usually the tricky part because the cupboards and cabinets are often greasy and sticky and thus it is normally difficult to get rid of the grime surfaces when moving. However due to the availability of several cleaning solutions in the market one may be able to clean the stubborn greasy and sticky surfaces quite effectively. A reliable de-grease cream solution that also is used to clean these regions leaving the cabinet and wood cupboards dirt free and those looking moisturized.
- Cleaning of the bathroom is normally a harder task because it requires keeping the floor, sink, wash basins, water taps, bathroom doors, toilet seats and other regions spotlessly clean. The materials that these surfaces are made of do not usually make the work easier and stain or dirt can easily be spotted. The use of a disinfectant is used to clean toilet seat whereas vinegar solution helps to wipe off dirty taps and sinks.
End of the lease cleaning can be daunting, but with our secrets tips you’ll have your rental spick and span in no time. Be sure to go through each room carefully and pay attention to all the nooks and crannies. With a little elbow grease and our helpful hints, you’ll have your security deposit back before you know it!