Wide-frame sunglasses are a type of sunglasses that feature frames that are wider than the typical width of a sunglass lens. The wider frames are intended to cover more of the face and provide more protection from the sun. Wide-frame sunglasses are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors to suit any face shape or fashion sense. They are popular with people who want to make a statement with their eyewear or people who have larger faces and need extra coverage.
What Are Wide Frame Sunglasses?
Wide-frame sunglasses (also known as oversized sunglasses) are sunglasses characterized by their larger-than-average frames. This style of sunglasses is typically seen in celebrities and fashionistas, as it is a popular trend. They can come in a variety of shapes, from aviators to wayfarers and cat eye styles.
Benefits of Wearing Wide Frame Sunglasses
- Protection: Wide-frame sunglasses offer extra coverage and protection from the sun’s harmful rays. The wider frames provide more protection from UV rays than traditional, narrower-frame sunglasses.
- Comfort: Wider frame sunglasses are more comfortable to wear because they don’t press against your face. The extra coverage provided by the wider frames also helps to reduce glare, which can be uncomfortable and strain the eyes.
- Stylish: They are the perfect way to make a stylish statement. They come in a variety of colors and shapes, so you can find the perfect pair to go with any outfit.
- Versatility: They can be worn with any type of outfit, from casual to formal. They look great on both men and women, and they can be dressed up or down.
Types of Wide Frame Sunglasses
- Aviator Sunglasses: Aviator sunglasses are characterized by their large, teardrop-shaped lenses that are typically made of a wire frame. These sunglasses provide maximum coverage and offer a classic, timeless look.
- Cat Eye Sunglasses: Cat eye sunglasses feature an exaggerated frame shape that is wider at the top and tapered at the bottom. They are available in both plastic and metal frames and are typically adorned with rhinestones for a glamorous look.
- Oversized Sunglasses: Oversized sunglasses are incredibly trendy and feature lenses that are much larger than the average sunglasses. They provide maximum protection from the sun and are available in a variety of styles and colors.
- Wayfarer Sunglasses: Wayfarer sunglasses have been around for decades and feature a classic frame shape that is rectangular with slightly rounded edges. Wayfarers are usually made of plastic and can be found in a range of colors and styles.
- Round Sunglasses: Round sunglasses are a popular style of wide-frame sunglasses that feature circular lenses. They are typically made of metal and offer a unique, retro look.
Tips for Choosing the Right Wide Frame Sunglasses
- Choose the right size: Before choosing a pair of wide-frame sunglasses, it is important to make sure they fit your face properly. Find a style that complements your face shape and size, as well as your personal style.
- Consider the lens material: Lens materials can vary significantly between different pairs of sunglasses. Generally, plastic lenses are the most lightweight and durable, while glass lenses offer the highest level of clarity.
- Consider the frame material: Frames can also vary in material. Metal frames are often more durable, while plastic frames are generally more lightweight.
- Look for UV protection: Make sure the sunglasses you choose offer adequate UV protection. Look for a label or certification that indicates the level of protection the lenses offer.
- Consider your budget: They can range in price significantly. Consider your budget, as well as your desired features, when choosing the right pair.
Wide-frame sunglasses are a great choice for those who want a fashion-forward look that is both stylish and functional. They provide a unique look that can be dressed up or down, and the wide frames offer more coverage and protection from the sun. While they may not be the most flattering style for everyone, they can be a great way to add a bit of personality to any ensemble.