Introduction: Every holiday has its spirit, and everyone wants to express it in unique and innovative ways that correspond to their interests and personalities. All metal signs will bring fresh air into your living space, offering a stand-alone and eye-catching character. As a result, metal signs are a popular addition to holiday home decor.
Here are some detailed instructions and tips to help you decorate your metal signs in the best way possible. Make your wall or door into a work of art. Let’s take a closer look at many masterpieces and see what we can find out.
How To Hang Indoor Metal Sign
Hanging a metal sign is an uphill task that requires attention to detail to achieve a clean set-up. You will not have the wall art you imagined if you are not skilled with your hands and have an excellent aesthetic eye. Blog Flagwix™ understands your concerns and has designed the included accessories with the metal sign to be very easy to hang. However, this article shows the standard guide to some ideas for hanging metal wall art.
What Will You Prepare?
Prepare enough necessary things as below before getting started. You need to have:
- Metal sign you want
- Screwdriver and/or drill
- Wood screws or nails
- Tape measure
- Stud finder
Choose A Sturdy Hanger
The metal sign you need to hang is relatively heavy, so a sturdy hanger is required to keep it firmly in the wall and sustain its weight. That ensures the safety of both the object and your family members.
Mark Where You Want To Decorate Your Metal Signs
Studs are the most stable location for heavy metal signs on your wall. They run vertically within a wall and are a critical component of its frame and structure; we use them to securely hang metal signs. By locating a stud, you can determine the vertical line to hang your stunning metal sign. Mark the wall with a pencil to select the exact location of the stud.
The next step is to determine the height of the hook or wire on the back of the metal sign. You measure from the theme or wire to the top of the signal and record it. Then moving downward from the pencil mark before where you want your metal wall art to hang, measure the distance you recorded earlier. Mark the new location so you know exactly where to put your screw.
Stick The Hanger On The Studs And Start To Hang Your Metal Sign
Secure the screw into the wall at the precise location you latest marked using your screwdriver or drill. You should select a screw that is long enough, appropriate for the thickness of the metal sign, and suitable for the hole you want to drill. Then, carefully secure your metal sign to the hanger, taking care to consider and double-check before letting go.
If you are hanging multiple metal signs on a wall, the final step before finishing your work is to use a level to ensure that each piece is even.
To make this work more manageable, you can also use magnetic hanging hardware, velcro hanging strips, clutter-free hanging wire, wreath hanging hardware, and standoff hardware.
Bonus Some Tips When Choosing Metal Signs
- Determine the theme and primary background color of your home before purchasing a single metal sign. Metal signs should be a perfect addition; they can highlight the beauty of your living space by matching the color tone or characteristics. On the other hand, you should select a photograph that complements (or contrasts) the colors and style of your other room decor.
- Before you make a deal and buy metal signs, carefully consider their sizes. If you have a large area of bare walls, you also should choose large metal signs or purchase many small metal wall art pieces to assemble a complete picture. Furthermore, designers recommend that you should hang the metal wall art at eye level for easy viewing.
How To Choose Metal Sign Can Express Holiday Vibes
Because of their beauty, uniqueness, and longevity, metal signs are stunning decorative accessories. Based on the pattern on their surface, they can express both holiday vibes and the owner’s personalities. Here are some helpful hints to help you develop great ideas for using metal signs to decorate your bare wall or door, bringing the holiday spirit into your home.
Metal Signs For Frightful Halloween
Are you interested in the Halloween metal sign collection? We have just released the hottest and most recent ideas for impressive mental signs for Halloween home decoration. If you choose metal signs with the following tips, your Halloween nightmare will arrive soon this October:
- If the color of your walls is quite cold, such as grey or any other cold tone color, metal signs Halloween with creepy yellow pumpkins, or some metal signs with a bright theme, will be perfect additions to your Halloween home decor.
- For any holiday metal sign, choosing a metal with a simple hanging method, such as magnetic hanging hardware or standoff hardware, rather than using screws or something that you must drill into your wall is preferable. That’s because vacation is only for a short period; after that, you should take it off. If you use a drill to make a hole, Halloween is over, your metal signs are gone, and your wall still has a dilemma.
- Many Halloween patterns are available to create a spine-chilling carnival, such as the enchanting Witch, Black cat, Creepy pumpkin with witch’s hat, and so on. Many metal signs with the words “Keep Out,” “Spooky Street,” and “Trick or Treat Stop Here” for a spooky touch that’s great for those who come to your home, all create your Halloween more memorable.
Metal Signs For Unforgettable Christmas
The Christmas spirit is quite cheerful and as well as being the busiest festival. Christmas marks the end of the year and starts at the beginning of the New Year. Let’s decorate your home with some metal signs that bring happiness, positive energy, and good fortune. I suppose everyone loves Christmas, which is why you can easily find many stand-alone Christmas metal signs. Here are some ideas to make the most of your Christmas Eve:
- Let’s make your Christmas dreams come true with stunning metal signs featuring traditional Christmas patterns such as a snowflake, a snowman, a Christmas tree, Santa Claus, socks, and a Christmas bell.
- Where can the metal signs be hung? When using indoor metal signs, you should choose a location that will catch everyone’s attention at first glance when they walk into your entrance. It could be a bare wall in your living room, free space on your bookshelves, desk, or even your door. These are your greetings to all of your guests.
- Another thing to keep in mind is choosing a metal with a simple hanging method. Magnetic hanging hardware, clutter-free hanging wire, or standoff hardware are all excellent options. When Christmas is over, that can completely protect your wall.
Metal Signs For Memorable Veterans Day
Veterans, the wars they fought in, and their service contributions are all celebrated in American culture. Veterans Day is a day set aside to honor those who have made the sacrifice while serving in the military, such as the Army, Navy, or Air Force. Moreover, Veterans make significant sacrifices to protect our country, and commemorative practices effectively recognize their efforts. A metal sign is the best way to decorate your home for this special occasion. Continue reading for ideas on how to personalize your house and have a meaningful holiday:
- Choose a metal sign color that matches the color of your military department. It’s green with the Army, blue with the Navy, and so on. That’s a beautiful way to show your appreciation for the Veterans’ sacrifice.
- You are respectfully hanging a military metal sign. That demonstrates your patriotism and respect for the military, as well as your understanding of American culture.
- Many meaningful veterans’ typical patterns on metal signs include the soldier, military symbols, the American flag, the eagle for the Navy, etc.
The information on metal signs provided above can be beneficial in coming up with home decoration ideas for special occasions. If you already have a favorite metal sign, don’t be afraid to buy it and decorate it.