Bedroom plays a very important role in everybody’s life. In fact, it is not only a room for sleeping but also for relaxing and having fun. Hence, you need to arrange your bedroom in such a way that it will be more friendly and comfortable. Remember that, comfortable sleep is extremely important to start your day with a smile. There are some people who clean their bedroom once or twice a month. If you are one among them then you and your family members may fall sick soon.
What happens if you don’t clean your room?
Cleaning your bedroom is extremely important. Have a look below to know the reasons behind it.
- If you don’t clean your bedroom at least once in a week more dust will build up on your bed, fans etc. This dust in your room can actually be harmful to your health. In fact, it can cause skin allergy, breathing problems, cold, cough and other health issues. Hence, you should clean your room more often to stay healthy.
- A messy room can show some negative effects on your mental health. You will also not be able to sleep properly in a messy room. Hence, it is very important to clean and arrange every item in your bedroom properly.
How shall I arrange my bedroom to have a quality sleep?
- Studies show that the amount of light in your bedroom can affect your sleep quality. Our body always requires a dark environment to sleep. Remove the modern electronic devices like computers, television from your bedroom as the light from these devices can interrupt your sleep. You should also remove the bright digital alarm clocks as well from your room to get good quality sleep.
- Choosing the wrong type of mattress can also cause sleep problems. If you find that your mattress is too firm or too soft then make sure that you replace it immediately to improve your sleep quality. We have different types of mattresses available in the market like adjustable, innerspring, foam, airbeds, waterbeds, etc. Besides, all these mattresses have their own pros and cons. Do your research to understand which mattress offers you more comfort. Remember that, the more comfortable you are, the better you can sleep.
- Temperature in your bedroom can also affect your sleep quality. Add a portable heater, ceiling fan, heavy blinds and etc to your bedroom in order to avoid the effects of outside weather conditions in your room.
- Vibrant and bright colors can be fun but using them inside your bedroom can affect your sleep quality. Hence, make sure that you don’t choose bright color wall paints, bed sheets and pillow cover for your bedroom to have quality sleep. You can choose some soothing colors like green, blue, white to get quality sleep.
- Soothing sounds can also promote your sleep. The sound from the water fountain can be very soothing. Hence, you could add a water fountain to your bedroom to improve your sleep quality.
- Too much clutter in your room can also cause sleep problems. This can also cause uneasiness and anxiety as well. Hence, you have to make sure that you remove all the waste material from your bedroom.
How often do you have to replace your bedroom items?
There are a lot of things that we use in our daily life like dishcloths, bed sheets, toothbrush etc. Besides, each and every item we use in our daily life will have some expiry date especially the items we use in our bedroom. One common thing that everybody uses in their daily life is bed. In fact, we spend almost 7 to 8 hours on our bed daily. Using expired items in your bedroom can cause sleep problems. Hence, it is very important to know how often we should change the items in our bedroom to get quality sleep.
Mattress – 10 years
You have to replace your mattress at least once every 10 years otherwise you may face sleep problems. Besides, the expiry date generally differs for different types of mattresses. In fact, some mattresses can last for a longer time while some may not. Studies show that the memory foam mattresses last for around 7 years, while the latex mattresses can last for 8 to 9 years.
The lifespan of innerspring mattresses can be less than the memory foam and latex mattresses. Remember that, your body requires proper support, especially when you are old, and thus you must choose the best mattress.
Pillows – 2 years
Replace your pillows with new ones at least every one or two years to avoid sleep related issues. Remember that, your pillows can actually absorb your body oil, dirt and dead skin cells. Hence, it is also necessary to clean your pillows once every 2 or 3 months. You should also make sure that you wash your pillow covers at least once a week.
Sheets – 2 years
There are a lot of people who use the same bed sheets for years together. If you are one among them then make sure that you replace them with new ones at least once every two years. Keep in your mind that after regular use for about 1 or 2 years the fibers of your bed sheets will start breaking down. Hence, you may not feel comfortable with the bed sheet while sleeping.
Duvets and Comforters – 15 to 20 years
Duvets and comforters generally last longer when compared to the mattresses and pillows. It is always better to replace your duvets when you find cold spots on them. You can also replace them when these duvets look lumpy and the filling is not spread evenly. A cotton duvet with higher thread count will usually last longer.
Dehumidifiers and Humidifiers – 9 years
There are a lot of people in this world who use dehumidifiers in summer and humidifiers in winter to get good quality sleep. If you also have a dehumidifier and humidifier in your home then make sure that you check them regularly for any damages. If you find any damage in their filter then give it for either repair or replace them immediately.
Underwear and Bras – 6 months
Your sleep quality also depends on the clothing that you wear. Out of all the things that you use in bedroom underwear and bras have very less lifespan. Make sure that you replace them every 6 to 12 months to sleep comfortably. Remember that, wearing loose underwear or bras can make you feel uncomfortable, and you may not be able to sleep restfully.
Why is it necessary to have quality sleep daily?
Quality sleep is very important to lead a healthy and happy life. Have a look below to know what can be the results of sleep deficiency –
- Hair fall
- Dull Skin
- Body Problems
- Watery Eyes
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Heart Problems
- Kidney Problems
- Brain Disorders
- Mental health problems like depression and anxiety
Hence, make sure that you have at least 8 hours of sleep to stay healthy and happy. If the reason behind your sleep problem is some health issues like high blood pressure or breathing problem or diabetes or kidney problem then do consult a doctor immediately without any delay. You should also eat healthy and nutritious meals and drink plenty of water to get good sleep.
Do follow these tips to lead a healthy life.
Most of the people these days are busy with their lifestyle. In fact, they don’t even have time to think about what is causing sleeping problems. Remember that bad sleeping habits and sleeping deficiency can have a very bad effect on your health. In order to help people with a busy lifestyle a lot of sites online have started providing reviews of different mattress and bedding brands.