Headhunters and executive search firms are a common topic for job seekers, but there is still much that many don’t know about them. If you want to keep your options open, it’s important to understand what these companies do and how they work. Here are few reasons to work with headhunters and executive search firms.
What are headhunters and executive search firms?
Headhunters and executive search firms are private companies that help organizations recruit new employees. They work with both employers to find candidates, as well as job seekers who want to be recruited for a position. The headhunter in Montreal, for instance, is not limited to helping certain types of companies or industries; they work with any company that needs a new employee.
Headhunters and executive search firms recruit people in many different levels and positions:
- Entry-level jobs from universities
- Middle management roles as department heads
- VP level executives who have been groomed within the organization, but are now ready to move on up.
What do headhunters do?
Headhunters and executive search firms work with both employers to find candidates, as well as job seekers who want to be recruited for a position. They may do the following:
- conduct research on potential companies or industries based on client needs
- create resumes of qualified individuals to submit them into their database and match them against open positions
- Interview candidates at all levels of experience so they can evaluate how talented they might be for available positions.
What is involved in headhunter recruitment?
The process typically begins when an employer contacts the headhunter firm about recruiting new employees. Headhunters usually get information from clients about what type of person will be needed by looking through company websites or speaking directly with executives. Once they have a sense of what the client needs, headhunters can work to find candidates.
At this point, job seekers who are interested in being recruited for positions will be contacted by headhunters and executive search firms to see if their skills fit those desired by employers. The recruiting process may include:
- Phone interviews with potential candidates
- Face-to-face interviews or meetings at company headquarters (a day trip) where executives get to know more about the candidate’s personality and skills
- Arranging for tests and assessments to be completed by the job seeker.
The reasons to work with Headhunters and Executive Search Firms
1. Headhunters and executive search firms help job seekers find the right position.
Headhunters will be knowledgeable about what jobs are available, which ones may have a higher salary or better benefits, as well as any information that is related to those positions. They can also provide advice on how to present themselves when applying for a new position so their chances of getting an interview to improve.
2. They help employers find the right employee.
Headhunters and executive search firms are experts in finding candidates for positions that would be a good fit with an employer’s needs, interests, requirements, or expectations.
3. Headhunters and executive search firms save time.
They do the work of finding qualified candidates for employers, which saves them a lot of time otherwise spent on job boards or at networking events. Headhunter recruitment has been shown to increase the number of interviews candidates get by over 20%.
4. The headhunter recruitment process is cost-effective.
The firm handles all of the costs for running a search: paying recruiters, conducting research on potential candidates, and sending out resumes to possible clients
– Headhunters will also often take care of travel arrangements such as transportation or accommodations so job seekers don’t have to worry about it themselves.