There are many house features homeowners can add to increase the value of their property. If you’re looking to sell your home, you may be curious about the real reason why stucco adds value to a house. But what is Stucco and how can it increase your home value?
Learn more about stucco by keep reading below.
What Is Stucco?
Stucco or render pertains to a dense solid construction material. It’s made from asphalt that’s ground coarsely. This mixture is then used as an aggregate, which is a solid material that supports different types of building structures. Aggregates are used to strengthen structures like buildings, homes, and businesses and they are also very attractive to look at.
Here are some of the other things you need to know about stucco:
- Stucco is commonly utilized as an ornamental coating for external building siding, ceiling, and walls, and as an artistic and sculptural material in architecture.
- Stucco is made of a binder, water, and aggregates, which is applied wet and becomes a very dense solid when it hardens.
- Stucco helps conceal less appealing building materials like concrete, metal, adobe, clay brick, and cinder block.
How Does Stucco Add Value To Your Home?
Here are some of the ways stucco can add value to your home:
1. Unique Composition
Stucco is able to increase your property’s value because of its unique composition. The composition of traditional stucco includes sand, water, and lime, whereas modern stucco consists of sand, water, and cement. Lime increases the workability and permeability of modern stucco.
Additives, like glass fibers and acrylics are added to improve stucco’s structural properties, which is a one-coat stucco system. Unlike many other building materials, it doesn’t need to be repaired after a certain amount of time, unlike wood.
Lime stucco is a durable material. It can be easily chipped or broken by hand. The lime usually comes in white and other colors come from any added pigments. One of the innate qualities of stucco is its self-healing with lime’s slight water solubility. Lime is deposited in cracks and solidifies.
3. Improve Home’s Appearance
Modern stucco is made of cement-based material reinforced to withstand movement cracking. Wire or plastic mesh lath is attached to structural framing with screws or nails to conceal cracks that usually appear in the ceiling and walls. Flexible acrylic finish applications help improve the appearance of your home while also limiting the passage of moisture at the back of the stucco.
You can always hire a professional brick and mortar Colorado Springs stucco contractor to get the best look of stucco installation in your home.
4. Resistant To Mold And Mildew
Stucco is also resistant to mold and mildew, two problems that plague houses. Because stucco is easy to maintain, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t add to the value of your house.
5. Resistant To Moisture
A home with proper stucco coating will stand up well against humidity, making it resistant to moisture. It is one of the best choices if you’re trying to maintain a healthy home environment.
Stucco can resist fire, mold, and water. Stucco coatings also adds structural integrity to your house. There are many stucco coatings available on the market today, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. For example, you can get stucco finishes that are weather resistant or have different levels of density.
When considering stucco coatings, you’ll want to choose the one that best suits your needs and budget. There are stucco coatings available in wood, fiberglass, and concrete.
- Wood Coatings: For most homeowners, wood stucco coatings are more affordable than other stucco coatings. However, wood stains can fade over time.
- Fiberglass Stucco Coatings: They’re a good choice if you’re looking for a versatile option that can work for a lot of spaces. On the other hand, concrete stucco coatings can last for many years and look great if maintained properly.
- Concrete Stucco Coatings: They add value and color to your home. When combined with tile and trim, stucco finishes can make your home look cozy and elegant.
You can maximize the beauty of your interior or exterior by painting stucco. If you choose stucco coatings, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s directions.
Skyrocket your home’s value by installing stucco to make your interiors and exterior appealing. It’s durable, easy to maintain, and unique. Stucco also won’t degrade over time like some other materials. Because stucco is resistant to moisture, it’ll continue to look new and bright, even years after it’s been installed.