New Zealanders are used to using energy-efficient heat pumps Auckland to heat their homes in the winter. However, in the summer, we focus on keeping our doors and windows open, and if that isn’t enough, we tend to just deal with the high temperatures instead of turning on the heat pump.
It’s a good way for Kiwis to save energy, but when the heat gets too much, we have 6 tips to help you save energy on your heat pump:
- Use curtains when the sun is shining right through the windows.
- Before you turn on the air conditioner, open the windows and doors to create a cross-breeze through the house. This will blow out the heat that has built up and make your heat pump work less.
- Don’t set the temperature lower than you need to. Most of the time, the thermostat is set between 19 and 21 °C to heat a room, but it should be set between 21 and 22 °C to cool a room. Remember that lowering the temperature of a room won’t make it cool down faster.
- Try Dehumidifying or Fan Only. This mode uses less energy than the full cooling mode, and the lower airflow or humidity may be enough to make you feel comfortable.
- If your heat pump has a timer, you might want to turn it on for just a couple of hours, starting half an hour before you go to bed. That should be enough to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Wash out the filter. Any appliance with a filter will work better and cost less to run if the filter is clean.
- Plan to buy a new heat pump for your house?
- We have the best brands and many ways to pay for heat pumps, so it’s easy to get one for your living room or bedroom.
Heat Pumps For Renovating And Building A New Home
We are here to help, whether you need services for building a new home or making changes to an old one. When we build a new house, we can finish the pre-piping work after the house frames are up. Then, when the house is finished being sided and painted, the unit is done.
If you want to make changes to your current home, you can also upgrade your heat pump. We always give free consultations to help you figure out which products are best for your family.
Our Experts On Heat Pumps Are Only A Phone Call Away.
Do you need help with the heating and cooling systems in your home? No matter where in Auckland you are, Comfy Kiwi Homes is here to help! We can help you with everything:
- Installation: Installation for new homes, homes that are already built, and homes that are being fixed up.
- Repairs: An on-site evaluation, diagnosis, and repair of a heat pump or air conditioner to get it working again.
- Servicing: Scheduling regular maintenance and tune-ups to keep the system running at its best.
Don’t worry if you can’t make it home during the day for an appointment. Our team can also meet with you in the evening or on the weekend to fit your schedule. Contact us right away to set up a time for Air Conditioning repairs, maintenance, or a free quote for installation. We want to help!